Professionals, whether they are working in the sciences, business, engineering, information technology, health or education, typically work in teams to complete projects. This course builds knowledge and skills in the planning and management of development projects and programmes. It is designed to deepen critical understanding of the strategies, processes, techniques and issues involved in taking ideas for development and turning them into practical realities with identifiable outcomes and benefits.
Participants will experience all aspects of the Project Life Cycle through the completion of integrated unifying exercises.
Key Learning Outcome
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the discipline of project and programme management, within an overall appreciation of the nature and purpose of projects
- The principles and practice of project planning, design, preparation, and appraisal techniques for projects in a development context
- The theory and practice of management skills for project and programme management, focusing particularly on ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills for successful project implementation
- Understand how to apply modern project management techniques within their professional area of expertise
- The Project Management Life Cycle; defining, planning, executing and delivering.
- The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Project selection and portfolio management.
- The organizational context: strategy, structure, and people.
- Scope management; estimation and budgeting.
- Risk Management.
- Contemporary Project Management tools, including Microsoft Project for general management and Microsoft Excel for financial analysis
- Project Managers
- Inventory and Purchasing Staff
- IT Specialist
- Admin Staff
- Staff of Special Projects Department
Course Duration : 2 Days