Internal Auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve all organizations’ operations.
It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
This training also provides participants with an understanding of fraud and corruption to enable them support their organization with initiatives such as fraud risk management strategies.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Specifically, at the end of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Review audit and internal control systems.
- Manage post Audit Procedures.
- Determine the role of management in the prevention and detection of fraud that can be perpetrated.
- Understand the basic legal concepts pertaining to fraud and law of evidence.
- Develop a programme to discharge the onerous responsibilities that are required to prevent fraud and corruption
- Risk Management Staff
- Finance and Accounts Staff
- Internal Audit Staff/Internal Control
- Internal Audit and Operations – The objectives, scope and responsibilities
- Auditors’ Responsibilities and Legal Liabilities
- Legal Liability, Determination of Negligence and Fraud
- Corporate Governance – Objective, Relevance, Importance
- Audit and Investigation: The different types of audit investigations
- Procurement and contract fraud schemes that can be perpetrated by supplies of goods and services
- Preventative measures
- Regulatory and statutory compliance
- Internal control techniques