Risk Management is an increasingly important business driver and stakeholders have become much more concerned about risk. Risk may be a driver of strategic decisions, it may be a cause of uncertainty in the organization or it may simply be embedded in the activities of the organization.
An enterprise-wide approach to risk management enables an organization to consider the potential impact of all types of risks on all processes, activities, stakeholders, products and services.
Implementing a comprehensive approach will result in an organization benefitting from what is often referred to as the upside of risk’.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOME
At the end of the training programme, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities within an organization to implement enterprise risk management as an enterprise-wide function.
- Identify the internal audit activity’s role in enterprise risk management.
- Understand how to implement an enterprise risk management program in an organization.
- Learn how to identify, measure, monitor and report business risks as they come across them in their day-to-day activities.
- Understand the key sub risk areas of Credit, Operational, Market, Regulatory Compliance, Liquidity, Reputational etc risks.
- Understand and learn how to manage the relationship between risk management and other stakeholders including strategic business units, vendors, regulators, shareholders, senior management, board etc.
- Understand how to monitor and evaluate an enterprise risk management program for improvement.
- Establish ERM within the firm’s strategic plan
- Branch Managers
- Line Managers
- Risk Managers
- Risk Analyst
- IT Personnel
- The Nature of Risks and Risk-based Regulations of Banks
- Market Risk, Internal Model Approach and Management
- Treasury Risk Management and Regulation
- Credit Risk and Operational Risk Management and Regulation
- The Mechanics and Parameters of IRB Approaches
- Operational Risk, Management and Regulation
- Supervision and Regulation