SEPTEMBER OPEN TRAINING COURSES
|COURSE TITLE||COURSE DATE||COURSE FEE||COURSE DURATION|
|Managing multiple task, priorities and deadlines||5th-6th Sept||N 85,000.00||2 days|
Managing the training functions
|12th-13th Sept||N 85,000.00||2 days|
Loan documentations and legal issues in lending
|18th-19th Sept||N 85,000.00||2 days|
Enterprise risk management
|25th-27th Sept.||N 100,000.00||3 days|
MANAGING MULTIPLE TASK, PRIORITIES AND DEADLINES (5th-6th Sept)
The level of competition in today’s business environment requires a focus on practices that assist in management of personal and work group tasks, priorities and projects.
All types of organizations need to find more productive means to offer their products and/or services, so goals are established and task assigned to better meet customer and stakeholder needs.
A focus on the use of productive practices allows for effective and efficient management of project work, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines which is an important part of customer satisfaction and retention.
Middle Level Managers, supervisors, admin managers ,personal assistants etc.
- Set S.M.A.R.T. goals and Prioritize effectively
- Categorize tasks using the Urgent/Important Matrix
- Gain lasting skills to tackle procrastination
- Handle high pressure and crisis situations with ease
- Learn to organize the workspace for efficiency and productivity
- Master when and how to delegate for maximum productivity
- Set daily rituals for better productivity
- Gain insightful skills to better manage meetings and keep them on track
- Discover alternatives to in-person meetings
Introduction to Work Task Concepts
- Importance of Planning in Management of Task
- Setting of Priorities and Deadlines in our Time Management
Skills required to deal with people in our work assignments
- Time and Task Management Tools
Characteristics of Proper Communication
- Techniques for communicating success in tasks
- Managing effective meetings
Managing task to implement change
- Methods to deal with human change patterns
- Dealing with people who struggle with change
Developing a personal plan to becoming more effective with Self-Management
- Discovering Self
- Elements of Disc and It’s effectiveness
- Taking Action
COURSE DURATION: 2 Days
MANAGING THE TRAINING FUNCTION (12th-13th Sept)
This program will help to provide HR professionals with the necessary techniques to address employee training and development needs in alignment with the overall strategic goals of the organization. The accountability for training must be recognized and implemented in order to achieve the desired results. The ability to ensure that the training function is correctly structured and positioned for maximum benefit is the major advantage of this training. The goal is to ensure that each participant learns an approach to create the most effective training department possible.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of this training participants would
- Understand the role of the training function and align it with all HRD functions.
- Formulate training objectives in relation to the organization’s business strategy.
- Use competency models in defining training.
- Determine training versus non-training needs.
- Transfer the training plan into operational reality.
- Calculate the training ROI.
- Implement the talent management principles.
- HRD and the Organization
- Planning for the Training Functions
- Talent Management:
- Career development.
- Employee development programs.
- Challenges in talent management
TARGET PARTICIPANTS: Training Administrators, Program Managers, HR executives, Staff in the training Dept.
COURSE DURATION: 2 Days
LOAN DOCUMENTATION AND LEGAL ISSUES IN LENDING (18th-19th)
The course will enable participants understand the fundamentals of the law of contract in a lending relationship. Loans and Advances constitute the single largest asset in bank Balance Sheet, and is the most important earning asset in the portfolio. It is therefore imperative for banks to take every precaution to ensure that their position is adequately secured.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
By attending this training course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and usefulness of each security type;
- Get acquainted with the flow of the loan documentation process
- Appreciate the necessity for loan documentation and perfection of security and aware of the processes involved in perfecting each security type
- Become familiar with the process and pre-requisite of security realization
- Achieve improvement in loan quality
- Appreciate the focus of banking legislation as it bears on the professionalism of bankers
Credit and marketing, loan/credit administration, loan Review/ Recovery and all those involved with loans and security documentation. Internal Control Personnel will enhance their capabilities for prompt detection of infractions
- The Credit management process
- The role of the loan documentation
- Security perfection
- The fundamentals of the law of contract
- The offer letter
- Drawing up effective contracts
- Review and analysis of credit type and relevant securities
- Mortgages, Charges (fixed and floating)
- Equipment Leasing, Trust Deeds, loan agreement, lien, Pledge, Set off, gurantees and indemnities (including performance and standby letters of credit), Bill of sale, Warehouse financing, Subordination agreement, Hypothecation e.t.c
- Enforcement of securities
- Bankruptcy and winding up
- Special documentation for bankruptcy and winding up
- Credit administration
- Loan documentation
- Statutory considerations in bank lending; (Banks and Other Financial Institutions Act (BOFIA)
- Failed Bank Act and lessons there from
- Impact of government policy/legislation on Documentation
COURSE DURATION: 2 Days
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
Risk management is an increasingly important business driver and stakeholders have become much more concerned about risk. Risk may be a driver of strategic decisions, it may be a cause of uncertainty in the organization or it may simply be embedded in the activities of the organization. An enterprise-wide approach to risk management enables an organization to consider the potential impact of all types of risks on all processes, activities, stakeholders, products and services. Implementing a comprehensive approach will result in an organization benefiting from what is often referred to as the ‘upside of risk’.
At the end of the training programme, the participants will be able to:
· Identify the roles and responsibilities within an organization to implement enterprise risk management as an enterprise-wide function.
· Identify the internal audit activity’s role in enterprise risk management.
· Understand how to implement an enterprise risk management program in an organization.
· Learn how to identify, measure, monitor and report business risks as they come across them in their day-to-day activities
· Understand the key sub risk areas of Credit, Operational, Market, Regulatory Compliance, Liquidity, Reputational etc risks.
· Understand and learn how to manage the relationship between risk management and other stakeholders including strategic business units, vendors, regulators, shareholders, senior management , board etc
· Understand how to monitor and evaluate an enterprise risk management program for improvement.
· Establish ERM within the firm’s strategic plan
· Branch Managers
· Line Managers
· Risk Managers
· Risk Analyst
· IT personnel
- The Nature of Risks and Risk-based Regulations of Banks
- Market Risk, Internal model Approach and Management
- Treasury Risk Management and Regulation
- Credit Risk and Operational Risk Management and Regulation
- The Mechanics and Parameters of IRB Approaches
- Operational Risk, Management and Regulation
- Supervision and Regulation
COURSE DURATION: 3 Days