Interpersonal skills have long been recognized as essential to professional success, and many a career has stalled, faltered, or fallen apart thanks to a lack of communication skills. So why is it that some people seem to have the gift and some don’t? A few may have been born with it, but most have practiced and learned from mistakes
Effective communication can make the difference between success and failure, and can even determine the degree of success. This theory also applies to written communication. Simple improvements can make a major difference to your professional image. Whether the focus is an RFP, an internal report, email communications to suppliers and clients, or a job diary, the Business Writing Skills course will help participants craft communications that meet the specific needs of their target audience, achieve their organization’s purpose, and convey an image of professionalism.
Managers & Directors, Marketing Executives, Team Leaders & Team Members, Sales Managers & Directors, Communications Officers, Administration Executives
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this programme, participants will possess skills to:
- Explain why good communication skills are important.
- Describe models of and methods for communication.
- Understand how preconceptions and limited perceptions interfere with communication.
- Rephrase blunt phrases to prevent being offensiveness.
- Demonstrate the ability to craft professional email messages that are clear yet courteous.
- Write effective and concise letters and memos,
- Prepare informal and formal reports,
- Develop interpersonal skills that contribute to effective and satisfying personal, social and professional relationships.
- Write business documents to a professional standard and conforming to acceptable formats
- Present information in an organized, structured way so as to achieve a specific objective
- Use a business-like style and vocabulary, while displaying sensitivity to different levels of reader expertise
- The Big Picture: Why And How We Communicate
- Facing Today’s Communication Challenges
- Listening and questioning skills
- Non verbal communication and it’s effects
- Writing for Business Audiences
- Structuring Sentences for Effectiveness and Readability
- Revising and Proofreading Business Messages
- E-Mail and Memorandums
- Writing Business Letters
- Writing Proposals
- Other Types of Documents
- Persuasive Messages
- Negative Messages
- Formal and Informal Reports
- Writing Meeting Agendas
COURSE DURATION: 2 Days