An effective safety and health management system is the key to reducing the number and severity of workplace injuries and illnesses, resulting in lower accident-related costs. In this course, participants will learn to effectively implement a company’s safety and health management system . The four core elements of an effective safety and health system and the central issues critical to each element’s proper management .
Key Learning Outcome
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of implementing a safety and health management system, such as lower accident-related costs, reduced absenteeism, lower turnover, higher productivity and improved employee morale.
- Identify the core elements of an effective safety and health program.
- Describe the key processes in each program element.
- Overview of a safety and health management system
- Management, leadership and employee involvement
- Work site analysis
- Hazard prevention and control
- Accident reporting
- Safety supervision styles
- Safety behavior model
- Human Resources Officers
- Risk Managers
- Safety officers / managers
Course Duration: 2 Days