While forensic accounting and fraud auditing and control are not new concepts, they are becoming increasingly important. We are constantly hearing about fraud cases and accounting schemes committed by corporations and individuals in the accounting world. This course takes participants from the theory and concept of forensic accounting to its implementation and practice. It gives the necessary tools to help professionals add value to their organizations by examining fraud controls and applying forensic accounting and analysis to their data.
The course uses a blend of instructor’s presentations, individual and group exercises and participants working on real life case studies and applying analytical MS Excel tools learned during the course.
Key Learning Outcome:
At the end of the training participants should be able to:
- Explain fraud and forensic accounting
- Implement fraud controls to decrease the likelihood of fraud in the organization
- Utilize Microsoft Office tools to find fraudulent transactions and report on them
- Apply statistical and forensic accounting tools to analyze data
- Assist internal audit and senior management in testing data and finding anomalies
- Utilize Excel efficiently to identify suspicious information that needs further fraud investigation
Professionals in the field of finance and accounting, internal auditors and accountants at all levels seeking to enhance their practical finance and forensic accounting skills, certified financial and accounting personnel especially accounting managers, controllers and auditors.
- Fraud and forensic accounting
- Fraud schemes and controls
- Forensic analysis with MS Office
- High-Level data tests
- Utilizing Benford’s law to test numbers
- Identifying fraud and anomalies using Excel
COURSE DURATION: 3 Days