The workplace role of the Office Administration is to support the management of an organization by carrying out three key and interdependent functions: organizing, processing information, and communicating. This Course incorporates practical and professional approaches to learning office skills. Participants solve on-the-job situations to encourage critical thinking.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVE
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of the administrative assistant
- Identify productive team behaviours.
- Demonstrate desirable personality traits and attitudes of an effective administrative assistant.
- Discuss the principles of ethical conduct in the workplace.
- Manage work, time, and resources effectively.
- Discuss organization structure, office layout and ergonomics.
- Complete work in a timely manner and on schedule.
- Take responsibility for attendance, absenteeism, and punctuality.
- Describe appropriate office dress.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professionally answering the phone, transferring a call, placing a caller on hold, and leaving voice messages.
- List steps for dealing with difficult people.
- Describe the communication process.
Front Desk Officer, Admin Officers, Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants
- Introduction – A Career as an Office Professional
- Human Relations
- Management of Work, Time, and Resources
- Organization Structure and Office Layout
- Effective Communication
- Professional Documentation
- Efficient Electronic Filing System
- Information Management
- Front-Line Reception
- Telecommunications in the Office
- Office Commerce and Keeping Records
- Managing Stationary/ Handling Office Equipment
COURSE DURATION: 2 Days