One of the key qualities of highly successful leaders is the ability to mentor and coach effectively. In this session, leaders learn how to coach and mentor using various tools and techniques. They learn the GROW Mode amongst others, which assures that any coaching or mentoring session is effective and productive.
This training is designed to be highly interactive with a mix of theory and practical sessions (group problem-solving/planning, experiential practice with role-playing of varying difficulty scenarios, interactive discussions & application exercises). Participants will emerge from the training having the knowledge and skills to become much more effective coaches and mentors. Also, they will know how to use the tools and techniques to drive staff motivators, ownership, productivity and effectiveness in their workplaces.
Scenarios of varying complexity will be used to enable the participants to apply their messaging skills in situations that have contrasting dynamics. They will learn how their communication strengths in one situation can become a heavy obstacle in another, and how to therefore put their “best foot forward’ as consistently credible and motivating senior management mentors – regardless of the coachee / mentee’s personality type and frame of reference.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVE
At the program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Understand coaching’s impact on the team.
- Learn a model of coaching for maximum effectiveness.
- Use the tools and techniques for coaching effectively.
- Plan and prepare for coaching success.
- Develop an action plan for their growth and development as coaches.
Human Resources Staff, Team Lead, H.O.Ds, Senior Managers,
- The What and Why of Coaching & Mentoring; The Processes as Learning Platforms
- Basic Coaching Models, Mentoring Models and Goal-Setting Approaches
- Coaching & Mentoring in Practice – Do’s and Don’ts
- Understanding Personality and Its Implications on Your Coaching/Mentoring Style
- Understanding How to Use Vocal and Visual Control in Coaching & Mentoring.
- Using the GROW Model for Collaborative Coaching
- Using the PUSH and PULL strategies
- Handling Emotional Behaviour
COURSE DURATION: 2 Days