The training will equip participants with necessary information that will enhance their agric business management skills and decision making for improved profitability.
It will expose them to how they can improve their knowledge and profitability from agric cultural and corporate farming through proper management and organization utilizing modern techniques.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of the program, participants should be able to:
- Calibrate the functions of agribusiness management
- Itemize steps in quality management
- Describe modern farming techniques
- Outline the value chain in their businesses
- Highlight strategies for managing human resources effectively
- Overview of agric business management
- Farming management – principles and practice
- Value chain analysis and market assessment ( Husbandry / Crop production)from procurement to sales.
- Introduction to modern farming techniques and best practices
- Managing human resources
- Record keeping
- Quality management
- Food safety management
- Field Visit – Husbandry, Crop production)
This visit is the practical aspect of this training. Participants will be taken though a farm by a tour guide. They will have the opportunity of asking questions on every aspect of farm management whilst touring the farm.
Under Crop production they will be exposed to a green house with crops like tomato and pepper. A plantain field and cassava farm.
Under livestock they will be exposed to Poultry and Rabbit farming management.
- Interactive Sessions
- Team Based exercises
- Visitation to Farmland
- Real Life’s examples
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE PROGRAM
- New techniques on how to manage and grow agro – business
- Training materials for further reference and study
- Networking opportunities
- Coaching and Mentoring opportunities
COURSE DURATION: 2 days
COURSE DATE : 3rd – 4th March 2019.