Businesses are profit-making establishments driven by processes. These processes are then organized to achieve the set objectives.
The orientation in the market has shifted from product concept to marketing concept.
Earlier, selling was all about finding the best fit of customers for your products but now the priority is to find the best fit of products for your customers.
Customers’ needs and satisfaction have become paramount in other for businesses to succeed. So, a salesperson’s performance is dependent on many variables including his skills, product knowledge, buyer persona understanding, consumer orientation/ behavior and distribution matrix.
The sovereignty of consumers as epitomized by the marketing concept drives what is produced, how it is produced, and distributed, thus, exemplifies the golden cycle rule.
COURSE CONTENT (EFFECTIVE SELLING SKILLS)
- Overview of Nigerian business environment
- The role of a sales person
- Selling like consultants
- Defining sales objectives
- Understanding the concept of pipeline
- The concept of “Provocative” selling
- Competitive Analysis from the customer’s perspective
- Building customer loyalty
- Managing customers’ expectations
- Handling objections
- Negotiation skills
- Communication Skills
- Probing Skills
- How to sell benefits
- Time Management Principles to help you see more Customers
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the training, Participants will be able to:
- Understand what makes a great sales person.
- Understand what makes a great sales manager/supervisor
- Follow a customer-focused sales process to guide their sales conversations and match the buying cycle.
- Create a great first impression and opening to a sales conversation.
- Identify needs and opportunities through effective probing (questioning and listening).
- Introduce services and products using features and benefits
- Gain commitment from customers when closing the deal
- How to close sales deals